Tuesday, April 01, 2008

It happens to me a lot

It happens to me a lot, sometimes thousands of thoughts come to me while I’m trying to get some sleep. Then I say to myself: “why don’t I write about this? Cause, you know, some of that could be interesting …

And then comes to me the idea that probably everybody think that what they have to say is interesting or important, then, why should I be different? I don’t know, but that’s not the point, is it? Cause, that being the case, nobody would write, unless you consider that what you have to say is much more important than what everybody else says. Of course, it happens a lot too. Or, we can build the idea the other way round; all those who write about “quelque chose” consider their opinion’s the key to the mystery. I really don’t think anybody is that arrogant… but, who knows.

Anyway, there are also those people who think that whatever happens to them is special, just because it happens to THEM. And moreover, because it happens to them, it’s different, unique and needs to be told, written. Yes, I think that’s really annoying, it really bothers me. To believe that you are so relevant for the rest of humanity is sooo selfish and stupid. Moreover, in my opinion many of those kinds of people actually NEED to feel they’re important. Behind that arrogant attitude lies this invisible lack of self esteem. In other words, it’s the need to be important, the self affirmation of somebody’s significance.

Personally, I don’t believe I’m THAT important for the rest of the living kind. Guess I express myself just because I need to, not because others need my opinion on any matter to survive.
And then, comes the fact that we make it public. We post our minds, hearts, souls, etc. Why? If I don’t think my opinion is the rule, then why I publish it? Is it the need of shearing it? I believe so, at least in my particular case, it is. Just to know I’m not alone in my thoughts. To confirm I still got the chance to communicate myself, to make contact.

2 comments:

JHR said...

Bueh ya q escribiste en "inglish": I think that sometimes one can be more selfish when the "knowdlege" is not shared... what matters is the way we do it, and the media we use. Blogs have it in case someone wants to get it, then accept it or regret it.
Publish more poems my friend, share beauty. I'll be reading :P

Anonymous said...

Great work.